Informative. Interactive. Involved.
CFBO, the first commercial radio station in Saint John, NB, is established by C.A. Monro Ltd. owned by Charles Monro. While its licence may have been given in late 1927 the first public broadcast by CFBO was a hockey game between teams from Saint John and Truro, NS from the Nova Scotia rink by telephone in March 1928. CFBO’s studios were in Imperial Theatre on King’s Square.